Thursday, August 23, 2012

A First Grader and Purple Penguin---First Day of School 2012

It's so hard to believe that I officially have a first grader and an almost 4 year old!! Big M seems to really like her new first grade teacher, Mrs. Dunnam.  Little M is excited to be a Purple Penguin with Ms. Heather and Ms. Johnnie.  This morning as I read Big M  the letter her teacher had written to the new first graders, I had to pause a couple of times to hold back the tears.  I'd thought I was ready for the school year to start for the last week or so, but I was sure missing these girls today!  Luckily, both girls have some familiar faces in their classes this year.  There will be a few new friends to meet, but I don't think that will be a problem with these two.  I think they both have great teachers and should have a great year ahead! 


 Our usual "first day of school" pic in front of the Crepe Myrtle.








No comments:

Post a Comment